Errors trying to compile corryvreckan on macOS 14.2.1

Hello,
I’m trying to install corryvreckan on a machine Apple M2, macOS 14.2.1.
All the dependencies were installed correctly according to the user manual (last verison). Root6 is installed as macxarm64.

I get this error:

CMake Error at /opt/homebrew/Cellar/cmake/3.28.1/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
Could NOT find Vdt (missing: VDT_INCLUDE_DIR VDT_LIBRARY)

And I can’t figure out what is going on.
I reinstalled homebrew and cmake multiple times but still not working.

Can some expert help me?
Thank you

Hi @esidoret

this is curious - Corryvreckan is not linking to Vdt, so it must be one of the dependencies (and I would point at ROOT if you’d ask me). Could you maybe share the entire CMake output, maybe we can see who requests this dependency?

All the best,
Simon

Hello,

I solved my problem!

I kept having problems with VDT but endend up installed it from github (GitHub - dpiparo/vdt) modifing its CMakeLists.txt options:

option( DIAG “Build in diagnostic mode - all diagnostic exes (default cache entry: OFF)” OFF)
option( AVX “Use AVX instruction set (default cache entry: OFF)” OFF)
option( AVX2 “Use AVX2 instruction set (default cache entry: OFF)” OFF)
option( FMA “Use FMA instruction set (default cache entry: OFF)” OFF)
option( USERFLAGS “Pass arbitrary flags to the compiler”)
option( SSE “Use SSE instruction set (default cache entry: OFF)” OFF)
option( NEON “Use NEON instruction set (default cache entry: OFF)” OFF)
option( BUILD_SHARED_LIBS “Build libraries as SHARED instead of STATIC (default cache entry: ON)” ON)
option( PRELOAD “Create in the library the symbols to preload the library (default cache entry: OFF)” OFF)
option( USE_VC “Use Vc library - requires symlink to Vc from ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR} (default cache entry: OFF)” OFF)
option( DEBUG “Compile library with debug symbols (default is OFF)” OFF)

Also when installing Corryvreckan I added a flag for the VDT_LIBRARY pointing to the vdt path because something was not working by itself:

cmake … -DVDT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/your/vdt/path

This worked for me! Hope it may be helpful.
Elena

1 Like