MCParticle Information in TextWriter Module

Hi,
I want to write out the cluster information on the sensors from a reconstruction using the Textwriter module. To analyse, wether the reconstructed tracks actually belong to a track simulated with Allpix Squared, I use the MC Truth information, which can be transferred to Corryvreckan with the CorryvreckanWriter module. However, when I try to write out the MCParticle class with the TextWriter module from Corryvreckan into a txt file, I only get a list with for each telescope plane. Do you know, if this should work in principle?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Christopher,
Thanks for bringing this up. I assume, that you simply get no output per plane? I believe there is a word missing in I only get a list with for each telescope plane.

I took a quick look at the source an the function print() is not implemented for the MCParticle. So the objects default is going to be used. I think this is explaining your issue?

Cheers,
Lennart

Sorry, I failed to write the most important thing. I mean I only get a list of for each telescope plane. But I see, so it is currently not possible to get the MCTruth from the TextWriter, if I understand correctly.

Cheers,
Christopher

Hi,

I’ve added a MR in corry, that should fix your issue: WIP: MCParticle: support for textwriter (!551) · Merge requests · Corryvreckan / Corryvreckan · GitLab

Mind to give it a try once the pipelines are fixed? I do not have any simulated data at hand right now.

Cheers,
Lennart

Hi Christopher,

there are some formatting issues (I am having clang14 locally and 12 is required). everything else is fine - give it a try if you want :slight_smile:

Lennart

Thanks for the help I will look into it. I just now realised that whenever I tried to write ‘unknown Object’ as it appeared in the TextWriter it actually disappeared after sending my message out, so sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Christopher